I thought I would try to participate in the WIFD this go round. The top is from DownEastBasics, and the skirt, I threw together last week. I took the Tzunis wrap skirt idea and instead of making it full length, mine is about 30 inches long. Plus I sewed the skirt together so it isn't actually a wrap skirt, just a really twirly one. Then I put on a waistband, (it's too wide of one, note for next time) and threaded a drawstring through it.
Pink Princess was wearing her Easter dress today, but she spit up on it 2/3 of the way through church and I forgot a spare dress this week so she was in her onsie and bloomers.


So far so good. Hopefully I'll remember to keep this up and do pictures. :)
6 comments:
I'd love to see a closeup of your boots!!
Lisa/mygrandmalucy
from Sensibility
Lisa, it's actually stockings and high heels. I can see how they would look like boots from the pictures. :) If you ever see boots like that I'd love to hear about it because I'm on the hunt for cute non-winter/snow boots!
How pretty! I have never made the tzuni's wrap skirt because I'm afraid mine wouldn't come out - plus I've had bad experiences with wrap skirts. :) I like the idea of sewing it all together like that. Very cute!
Thanks Sarah. If you decide to do the wrap skirt and sew a seam in it, make sure you do a waistband on it. I did one without because I was in a hurry and it just doesn't hang as nicely.
Don't be afraid, I made one of those skirts with an extremely minimal amount of sewing knowledge and it turned out just fine. I've had horrendous experiences with wrap skirts so I was skeptical, but I adore this skirt as a wrap. Even little babies clinging on it won't disturb the wrap and you stay covered!
You look lovely:)
Thank you Mrs. Bee. I have to say I've enjoyed checking out your blog!
Post a Comment