Bumpa teaching Rynie how to fish.
Once he caught his fish, Rynie learned how to clean it so I could cook it for his dinner. We also had a lesson on how we don't catch more than we need and can eat so we don't waste and so we are responsible steward over animals.
Little Miss even got in on the catching of fish. She ran away, literally screaming when we asked her to clean her fish and then eat it.
I even got in on the fishing action. You'll have to wait for the next post to see what I caught!
We needed to teach my mom how to canoe. Thankfully, she learned fairly quickly! She says she knew what she was doing, Jake and I disagreed.
Bumpa Black Cow and Baby B. Hanging out on the back porch, watching all our prowess at the canoes.
Hubby, Jake, Rynie, and Little Miss taking the canoe out for a spin. Literally. ;)
Dutch going for a morning crawl. He wanted to see all that water. We really were that close to the water.
Our early morning buddy. Mama Moose was out every morning in the same area (about 100 yards from our cabin) and some mornings we were lucky enough to see her calf in the tall grasses as we paddled by.
More critters and scenery soon. We did go up to Yellowstone, but that'll be another post!
3 comments:
Dear Courtney,
Your pictures of summer make it feel just around the corner! How fun that you were able to see a moose in Island Park; they're such BIG animals.
We love boating, too, but have yet to take the little ones fishing (I think they would all be screaming about the gutting and scaling part).
Love,
Marqueta
It looks like your summer was delightful! I went canoeing for the first time this past summer and it was such, such fun. It'll be good to have sunshine and warm weather again in a few months. God bless!
Marqueta,
Thank you! I really enjoyed our vacation. She was such a calm moose too. People were floating on the river right past her and a lot of them didn't even notice her and her baby. it was incredible.
Oh you should take the little ones fishing, if for no other reason than to get a pole in the water with them! To this day, Little Miss wants to catch fish but then it's someone else's job to do the rest!
Love,
Courtney
Clare,
It was wonderful. I'm hoping to put up more pictures from our adventures. Although I absolutely love Winter, it is nice to do all the fun Summer activities too! I can't wait for more adventures!
Kindest Regards!
Post a Comment