© 2008-2011 Musings of Courtney All Rights Reserved.
Please ask permission before using any portion of my blog. Thanks!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Still alive!



Yes, I'm sure that is a shock to everyone. This is just a quick update to say we are all still alive here, and the crazy is settling down to a manageable level and I'm working on organizing pictures to do some blog posts with actual content.

A quick run down of what is happening/what has happened since Christmas:

Rynie ended up pretty sick, then he shared with the rest of the family. I ended up sick for almost 2 weeks and it took a while to get back on my feet. It's no fun being sick over Christmas! At least he was better before Christmas and Hubby wasn't sick until the beginning of January.

My dad came into town for work in mid-January. He wanted to take Rynie home with him to Scotland so they were off and flying. Little Miss and I followed a week later. We ended up staying until almost the end of February. It was a wonderful break from life and Winter in Utah. Hubby had to stay home because of school and work.


When Hubby was sick in January, his immune system decided it didn't want to stop fighting, so it turned on his skin and gave him a severe case of psoriasis. He is having to use a pine tar soap, take pine tar baths and slather lotion to try and keep it under control. Plus the initial doctor gave him some steroid pills to try and knock it out, which works pretty well with mild cases, but made his flare really bad. The dermatologist has been giving him weekly shots, and after 3 of those, he is starting to lose his leper look. It'll take another 2-3 months for him to finish healing from this.

Last week, Little Miss became really sick. Throwing up, fever, lethargic, and other nastiness. We ended up taking her to the Emergency Room because we were concerned that she'd become dehydrated, and they put 800 ml of fluid in her and had to give her anti nausea tablets that I had to put under her tongue. It really helped, and we are on the mend from that. It's going to take awhile before she gets her body back to normal function though. I lost track at around 20 loads of laundry for that week. That is really not an exaggeration, some of her stuff had to be washed two or three times to get it back into usable condition.


Tuesday night, we got a call from my mom's tenants, the washing machine was broken and flooded the main level and basement of her house. A valve broke on the washing machine, and they'd thrown a load of towels in to wash before they left for work. The machine ran all day long. We've spent the past day doing clean up and damage control. It's involved moving furniture, ripping out carpet and carpet pad, and getting fans to dry everything out. I've spent a decent amount of time talking to insurance people today and getting things ready for the adjuster to come and look things over.

The best news for last though! We are expecting again. This little critter will be here sometime in August. Rynie is so excited and can't wait to get another sibling. Little Miss just really doesn't care one way or another, but I think she's in for a rude awakening. She is quite the mama's girl and doesn't like to share me with Rynie or the cat much, but will grudgingly do it sometimes. Things are going well, and if we want to, we find out what we are having at the end of the month.



Time to dash and get ready for a date with Hubby and make dinner for the kidlets. Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

COURTNEY!!!! This is what I get from taking too much of a blog break and not keeping up with the news like I ought! OH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED AND THRILLED!!!

Happy Baby news indeed! Did you find out what you are having?

Have a lovely afternoon!