We have all of Jake's hay sold, almost all the farm equipment is moved back to my parent's house, the remaining steers and horses are also moved to the home farm. Most importantly, we are done dealing with unscrupulous people. The former owner of the land we leased tried to charge us the yearly lease at the same price for less than half the land. We found out it is because he hasn't been totally honest in his dealings with us and others and is now in bankruptcy and was trying to recoup whatever money he could wherever he could. My dad was able to work things out with him to everyone's satisfaction though, so thankfully we are done with that.
Jake and Shannon decided that they wanted to learn to make apple jelly and syrup. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work. We also had to say goodbye to our canning buddy, the water bather for the steamer, but after 20+ years it had a good run. We had some very good little helpers who taste tested, sorted, and all around just had a good time.
Our little taste tester:
We now have 6 of the 11 steers sold off. Thank goodness since some of the people changed their mind after we'd already taken the six steers to the butcher and they were waiting to process them. I will be glad once we have the rest of them sold off.
I have been working on a black corduroy jumper for the Pink Princess. I found out I am out of black embroidery floss to work the eyelets though so I need to run and get some. Other than that, it is done. When I tried it on her to check the fit, she just smiled and then wouldn't let us take it off her. It took both Hubby and I to convince her it wasn't ready yet.
Unfortunately for my hair, I ended up cutting off about four inches of it. The last four inches just would not untangle. It would take me over 30 minutes to comb through that section so after quite a bit of debate with myself, and talking it out with Hubby, we decided I should cut that part off, and just wait for it to grow again. I feel like my hair is so short now!!!! I know it really isn't, but I just miss those inches!!! It was getting so long and I hope it won't take forever to grow back.
Our little Mister absolutely loves pomegranates so much, we love when we have the chance to get them. It's quite the treat!!!!
Pink Princess loves my shoes. She stole my house slippers and wouldn't give them back!
We have started decorating our house for Christmas. Rynie wants to make all our decorations so we have made paper chains that we are going to hang from the ceiling of his room and then hang snowflakes off of it. We have also made a popcorn and cranberry garland for the tree. I've decided that garland would go a lot faster if Spitfire wasn't attacking it and eating the popcorn while I was stringing it. Pink Princess also was biting the cranberries and putting them back with the other ones. We have another garland on the tree, and a bunch of jingle bells and bows on the tree. We are going to make some stars and put them on the tree after we decorate them. I am hoping we are finished by the weekend so I can take pictures of everything.
I know this was random, but I hope that by starting again, I can get back into the habit of blogging and then I'll finish pictures from my trip and getting caught up on life.
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment