© 2008-2011 Musings of Courtney All Rights Reserved.
Please ask permission before using any portion of my blog. Thanks!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Happy Moment

The Pink Princess is getting chubbier and cuter every day! Along with that, she has become more demanding. She loves to eat so much that tonight she found the spatula from Rynie's toy kitchen and she was trying to feed herself. It finally made her mad enough that even though it was not dinnertime we fed her anyway. She loves to be involved in everything. The other day I was folding laundry on my bed and she schooched over to the hangers and this was the result!



Needless to say, I had a good chuckle over this and took a picture then I disentangled her and put her into her bed.

Rynie is a huge helper. He has been helping me clean my sewing room so I can start on a massive sewing marathon between now and the time I go on the Historical Costume Tour being done by Sense and Sensibility in September. You can tell he hangs out with his Mom a lot because he 'made' the Pink Princess a 'skirt' while I was cleaning. It consisted of unraveling spools of thread (his own personal spools) and using kitchen scissors to cut up scraps of fabric and rearranging them according to his whims. I wish I had a picture, but I forgot to charge the camera.

Rynie's imagination is amazing. Everyday he is a different 'guy.' Cooker guy, Banker guy, Worker guy, Army guy, Cowboy, Train guy, the list goes on and on. Some days he is Wall•E or the Kung Fu Panda. Usually the Pink Princess and I end up corrallating to what he is. When he is Wall•E, I am Eve and the Pink Princess is Baby Eve. If he is a Cowboy, she is his Deputy and I am his Sidekick.




Since I am going to Bath for the Jane Austen Festival after the Costume Tour, I have been figuring out my wardrobe for the Regency Promenade. I want to try and do it only with fabrics in my stash, and I think I have it all worked out! I will be using the Sense and Sensibility patterns for the chemise, ELC gathered bodiced dress, and a Spencer/Pelisse. I haven't decided which corset pattern I'll use since I have the S&S one, La Mode Bagatelle bodiced petticoat, and the Mantua Maker corset. I'm trying to narrow that down right now though. I'm also thinking about making the gown from page 44 of Patterns of Fashion: 1 and Hubby is trying to help me scale it up. Pictures to follow as soon as I can take them.

Other than that, life is somewhat settling down. We think we have a buyer for my Mom's car, he's coming Monday to make the offer. We hope he takes it, so we can concentrate on 'normal' life. I also have to straighten out some of her banking things and take the kidlets passport application and pictures in so we can get the ball rolling.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooohh. .I just "discovered" your blog via your link on the S&S board. I am so excited to find it! I can't wait to read more! :) Your little ones are so beautiful. I especially love the photos in this post!